Visitors to the Research Center on March 1-2, 2017 will not be able to retrieve records from the collection due to scheduled maintenance. Please plan on visiting either before or after to access records that are not in the Research Center itself. For questions, you may call (801) 245-7227.
The RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City was a great experience for the Utah State Archives. It was wonderful to to meet so many old and new friends.
The Utah State Archives is proud to announce that we will be an exhibitor at RootsTech, one of the largest genealogical conferences in the world, in Salt Lake City, Utah from February 8-10, 2017. We’re excited to connect with both those who know of our extensive resources available for family history and those who may not (yet). Look for us in the Expo Hall of the Salt Palace in booth #1422!
All public records at the Utah State Archives are accessible through the Research Center. However, once processed the records are easier to use with proper storage and fuller descriptions, including online series inventories. The following list includes record series that were processed during the month of January 2017:
- Duchesne County (Utah). County Assessor Appraisal records, 1915-
- Ogden School District (Utah) Administrative files, 1947-2000.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Dee Junior High School reports of promotion, 1917
- Ogden School District (Utah) Employee absence reports, 1950-1976.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Financial audit reports, 1921-2006.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Lincoln Elementary School grade, attendance and promotion reports, 1932
- Ogden School District (Utah) Mound Fort Elementary School student records, 1922-1937.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Mound Fort Junior High School student lists, 1935-1955.
- Ogden School District (Utah) North/Mound Fort Junior High School student records, 1916-1968.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Real estate property records, 1890-1980.
- Ogden School District (Utah) School construction files, 1890-1930.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Student cards, 1916-
- Ogden School District (Utah) Substitute teacher reports., 1950-1976.
- Ogden School District (Utah) Superintendents’ files, 1935-2000.
- Salt Lake City School District (Utah) Hamilton School administrative records, 1900-1902.
- Salt Lake City School District (Utah) Longfellow School register, 1906-1907.
- Sandy (Utah). City Council Minutes, i 1893-
On this day in 2006, the Utah State Archives quietly released the results of a partnership with FamilySearch: fifty years of Utah death certificates free and online. The project was essentially an experiment to bring together indexes, including those produced by records custodians such as … Continue reading Ten Years of Death Certificates
Several of our online services (including name indexes and death certificates) may be affected this weekend as the underlying systems are upgraded to be more secure. We hope to be fully back online by Tuesday, December 13, 2016.
Also of note, our web site will have a brand new design starting in January. Links and navigation will be fairly similar in function, though menus will be different locations. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or problems finding what you need.
In honor of the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, when the USS Utah was hit and 64 sailors lost their lives, here is a post from a few years ago about the USS Utah silver service that had been returned long before.
Just over one hundred years ago, the people of Utah were asked to raise money for a silver service set to be presented to the new ship named in honor of the state, the U.S.S. Utah. A committee was …
Source: Battleship Utah Silver Service
All public records at the Utah State Archives are accessible through the Research Center. However, once processed the records are easier to use with proper storage and fuller descriptions, including online series inventories. The following list includes record series that were processed during the month of October 2016:
- Road Commission. Department of Highways Outdoor advertising sign inventories, 1965-1975.
See selected images from this series at Highway89.org
- Technical College at Provo Scrapbooks, 1944-1969.
Created by the Second District Court in Weber County to record the names of the parties involved in civil actions and provide assigned case numbers, the Index to Civil Actions is now online. Volumes in the series alternate listings on each page, with the left page listing entries by surname of the plaintiff and the right page by surname of the defendant. Specific information recorded for each case includes the docket number (case number) as well as the corresponding register of action book.
The index is useful for finding case files from the Second District from the territorial period up to about 1970.